personal information you provide through our website (https://www.plantur39.com.au/), the related mobile website, and the mobile application (collectively, the Websites), or through any other form of communication with us.
What types of information do we collect?
Collecting personal information
We may collect the following personal information from you:
- your name and contact details, such as your address, email address and phone number;
- your IP address; and
- other personal information that you may supply to us.
Collecting non-personal or aggregated information
When you access our Websites, we automatically collect the following information about you:
- IP host address, your device type and operating system;
- web pages viewed, and usage and browsing habits on our Websites;
- search information related to our Websites;
- browser type and referring service; and
- other similar data.
We may also obtain non-personal information from third party sources.
We may also aggregate demographic information collected from our users (such as the number of users in a particular geographical location) in a manner which does not identify any one individual. We may also aggregate information collected offline in connection with the Service, and develop aggregate information by anonymising previously collected personal information.
Why do we collect personal information?
We will only use your personal information as described unless you have specifically consented to another type of use, either at the time the personal information is collected from you or through some other form of consent from you or notification to you.
Some of the specific purposes for which we collect, use and disclose your personal information are to:
- provide our services to you, such as for the purpose of fulfilling your order or conducting business with you;
- respond to your enquiries or requests;
- send you emails from time to time about our services, this includes information about new developments, products, services and special offers;
- better understand your needs in relation to our services to provide you with a better web and shopping experience;
- compile and analyse statistics and trends to inform us about who uses our Websites and how our Websites are used.
You can, at any time, opt out of receiving marketing material by contacting us. You agree and acknowledge that even if you opt out of receiving marketing material, we will still send you essential information that we are legally required to send you relating to the goods and services we provide. Once you opt out of receiving marketing material from us, you agree and acknowledge that this removal from our distribution lists may take several business days after the date of your request for removal.
Sharing your personal information
We may share your personal information where required or authorised by law or where you have consented to us doing so. We may also share your personal information to:
- others in accordance with a request made by you;
- entities in connection with the sale or merger or change of control of Plantur 39 or the division responsible for the services with which your personal information is associated;
- an affiliate of Plantur 39 who is in the same corporate family as us as long as their privacy practices are substantially similar to ours; and
- our third party vendors to further the purpose for which you provided such information to us (e.g., we may share your information with Elastic Email, for the purpose of sending emails).
We urge you to read the privacy practices of all of our third party vendors before submitting any personal information through our Websites.
Non-personal or aggregate information may be used by us for any purposes permitted by Australian law and may be shared with any number of parties, provided that such information does not specifically identify you.
Does my personal information leave Australia?
In the course of our ordinary business operations we may disclose personal information to third parties who are located overseas, including those located in Germany and Philippines. This is because some of our technology and operational service providers may be located outside of your country of residence. This means that when we use these providers’ services, it may involve disclosing your personal information overseas.
We only disclose personal information to our overseas service providers when it is necessary for the services they provide to us. Except in some cases where we may rely on an exception under the Privacy Act, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such overseas recipients do not breach the Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act when dealing with your personal information.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
We may use other tracking technologies for similar purposes such as for authenticating you, keeping track of information you have provided us and remembering your preferences. These technologies may involve using data stored on your browser’s local storage (e.g. HTML5 Local Storage).
We may also use and place cookies (and similar items) on your computer from our third party service providers in connection with the service, such as an analytics provider that helps us manage and analyse service usage. In addition, our advertisers and business partners may set cookies and similar items on your computer when you use our service.
Storage and security
We will take reasonable steps to safeguard your information from loss, misuse, interference, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We store personal information on computer databases and/or in hard copy and will take reasonable steps (including commercial physical and electronic security measures) to protect any records that we hold which contain your personal information. We destroy your personal information in a secure manner when we no longer need it.
Access and correction
You may request access to any of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for the costs of retrieval and supply of any requested information.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information held by us is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. If you believe that any of your personal information is not accurate, up-to-date, complete or relevant, or that it may be misleading, please contact us (see below) and we will take all reasonable steps to correct your personal information within a reasonable time.
Links to other websites
How to contact us
Privacy Officer, Plantur 39
8 Spring Street,
Sydney NSW 2000